Monday, September 16, 2013

A Yes Day for Miss A

Daddy has been gone for a month and a half. This has been very hard on Miss A. Specially, during this week. She was cranky and moody and not behaving very well. This is very rare on her. She is a very happy little girl and seeing her mad it is not very common. It makes me sad. Hubby and I chose this life because of lots of reasons (that I might explain in another post). She didn't.

Today, I decided to make it a "Yes Day". I didn’t make any plans or schedules. I just asked and simply said “Yes!” to everything she wanted to do during the day.

I said yes to going to the pool.
I said yes to pizza for lunch. Yes, pizza with lots of gluten and preservatives.
I said yes to going to the library to play with the kitchen. Yes, to play with the kitchen, although she has a great play kitchen at home. 
I said yes to going to the park. After the pizza and going to the pool.
I said yes to “Coldstone’s Cake Batter” ice cream with brownie inside.

Today was a "yes day," a day in which I consciously choose to say yes to my child, to honor her desires and her choices. Today there was no, "We need to…", "Time to go…", or "One more minute...", and I accepted everything. Even though she never realized what I was doing, I knew she appreciated the day. She was so happy!!!

Have you ever had a “Yes Day!” with your child? How did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment