Sunday, August 25, 2013

Why writing is important during deployment or trainings?

Today, I am really happy! We got more letters! Before my husband left, we promised each other that we would write everyday. If I am honest, I thought that I would keep my promise but he wouldn't simply because he would be tired or he wouldn't have the time. But, we've been both receiving letters at least three times a week.

Mantaining a relationship with someone is hard. When you can't see them or call them when you want or need to say something, it is even harder. That is why I believe that writing everyday will help you keep you sane and the relationship alive. 

When your Soldier or SIT (Soldier in Training) is far away, they need to know about you and your family. They want to know that you are doing OK. They need that to focus on the job or training that they are doing. 

When you are the spouse left at home, you will certainly become overwhelmed. You will go through a lot of things that probably you don't want to tell because they might worry your other half. I think that, although you shouldn't be telling every single thing that goes wrong, they should know about the stuff that worry you the most.

The week that my husband left, my car broke, the roof started leaking, my daughter got sick and the list goes on. I decided not to tell him. The next week, when the mechanic said that the damage was about $2500, I was very overwhelmed. I told him the problem and what was I was doing to fix it. When I got his response, I was very happy and cried. He said that he was sorry for not being able to help but not to worry. He said he trusted me and my decisions. I instantly felt stronger.

I really believe that writing is keeping our relationship alive. I look forward to seeing the mailman everyday and see if he has something for us. It definitely makes us smile. I just imagine him having the exact same emotions.

Why do you like to write?


Noris  

No comments:

Post a Comment